Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was looking at the Lampricide treatment schedule that detroitjim posted in the UP section, and I don't see the big man listed. Does this mean they aren't going to treat it this year?
Just curious if anyone knows.
They usually do it in sept.

They typically don't treat the same river every year. Usually its on a cycle. So it doesn't look like its getting treated this year.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
They treated the Betsie back in June. Went to show the gf the homestead dam and they were treating it then. We stopped and talked to the guys for a bit. They were really informative and showed us a few things. The guys pulled out a lamprey that was easily 18 inches or bigger. Looked like an eel. I didn't realize they got that big.

·
Registered
40,142 Posts
Get a hold of the US Fish and Wildlife office for the district in question.

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
They typically do treatments every 2-4 years. I believe the Big river is on a 3 year schedule. It was treated last September, or Late August..

·
Registered
781 Posts
The Manistee is not scheduled to be treated for sea lamprey by the USFWS this year. As long as they get an effective treatment, they only need to treat a particular river once every three years.

The Muskegon River is scheduled to be treated this summer, with the treatment occurring sometime between Aug 16-25. See the attachment.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
The Manistee is not scheduled to be treated for sea lamprey by the USFWS this year. As long as they get an effective treatment, they only need to treat a particular river once every three years.

The Muskegon River is scheduled to be treated this summer, with the treatment occurring sometime between Aug 16-25. See the attachment.
I read on that report the betsie river is also scheduled for this year, is that info correct? Tnks

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
It’s too bad the St. Mary’s is untreatable. We could really put a dent in them

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Tnks for the help gents. What I read said they would be treating the betsie while I was up there for salmon camp. And in my experience it shuts the fishing down big time. Tnks again

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Fish and Wildlife was checking last week on the creek that thru the property. Interesting to watch them with their battery backpacks, and paddles and a net catching the ones that came to the surface. Creek was treated about 4 yrs ago. They said they didn't catch any adults only young ones. Even the little ones were ugly looking things.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts