Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
Mitchell's Bait/Tackle/Marina - They're on west side of White Lake, Oakland County. Right next door to the DNR launch. ;)

·
Registered
150 Posts
There is a place that rents boats on Lake Erie. I can not remember who right now but if you need to know I'll try and find it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Lakeville lake on Rochester road and lakeville road. About 10 miles north of downtown Rochester.

Stoney Creek metro park

Themla G Spencer park (city of Rochester Hills park) on John R just north of South Blvd. No motors allowed..but you can use an electric if you take it in. Good friend of mine was fishing there for bass....caught a 6# walleye. lol...didnt even know there were walleye in there.

·
Registered
213 Posts
How is the fishing on the lake there? I've been to Stoney a few times and never knew they had a lake. haha
I've had great days & bad days alike at Stony Creek. I go there often since I live close by. I pull out bass often. Have been rewarded with 3-3 1/2 pounders regularly when I invest time & patience. I've caught carp, walleye, & decent pike in the past but not often. The state record white crappie was caught at Stony & it still stands. A girl that posts here caught a great crappie last year at Stony. But remember, you will have bad days at Stony too.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stony_Creek_Metropark[/ame]

·
Super Moderator
37,812 Posts
Most of the Metroparks have boat rentals. I think Kent L (Kensington park) fishes better than Stony. There are fish in Stony, but they are notoriuously tight lipped.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Most of the Metroparks have boat rentals. I think Kent L (Kensington park) fishes better than Stony. There are fish in Stony, but they are notoriuously tight lipped.
I looked and it looks like only 3 offer it. Kensington, Stoney and Willow. although I go to Willow all of the time and it's just a little pond more than anything.

I forgot I rented a paddle boat at Kensington once but did not fish.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've had great days & bad days alike at Stony Creek. I go there often since I live close by. I pull out bass often. Have been rewarded with 3-3 1/2 pounders regularly when I invest time & patience. I've caught carp, walleye, & decent pike in the past but not often. The state record white crappie was caught at Stony & it still stands. A girl that posts here caught a great crappie last year at Stony. But remember, you will have bad days at Stony too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stony_Creek_Metropark

Does it get crowded or not too much? As far as the boat traffic and fisherman.

·
Mr. Flatfish
7,759 Posts
Canoe rental on the Raisin River about 2 or 3 miles east of Dundee on M50...

·
Registered
112 Posts
I go to Kensington quite a bit in the spring. They have a great boat rental place that offers regular and flat bottoms. I like it because they have 14' flat bottoms that are nice a wide. I use a 4 hp motor and have a great time.

Lakeville lake also has a place called Lakeville Landing. Its ok, but EXPENSIVE.

+1 for Mitchells Marina at White Lake

1 - 20 of 23 Posts