Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For ten years or so, we have been making the annual pilgrimage to the UP during the fall salmon runs. We have been in the habit of fishing a popular east side river, but have been discussing the possibility of trying some of the superior tribs. I have done the research, and identified several rivers that get a run of salmon. I guess what I am looking for is a general feel of the area from those who have fished it. I have fished the gamut of rivers, from the huge runs downstate with massive fishing pressure, to some small creeks where you had no room to play a fish if you hooked one. I would like to find a mid sized river that gets less pressure. I would prefer fewer fish to more people, but even though the fishing is not the whole trip, yet it is an important part of it and I am not really interested in flailing fishless water in order to have it all to myself either. River fishing is what I know best, but surf casting would certainly be considered.
Is anyone out there willing to share some experience in this area? I would prefer p.m. as I have seen too many areas ruined already. If you are not willing to give info to a guy from below the bridge, I understand. Anything you share will be appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts