Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally posted on another thread, thought maybe I would get more responses on a dedicated thread since I am posting so late.
I just recently joined, so I hope this is ok.

I am looking to get out tomorrow and take my kids out for the first time, taking the day off to enjoy the beautiful weather. I have not been out since early May and haven't fished lake St. Clair in 5 years. I would like to try trolling or drifting for walleye, any help would be greatly appreciated. If it is a bad time for walleye, how about small mouth? If I don't keep them busy it will be a short day;)

I have the boat on a trailer, so any thoughts on where I should launch would also be helpful.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I originally posted on another thread, thought maybe I would get more responses on a dedicated thread since I am posting so late.
I just recently joined, so I hope this is ok.

I am looking to get out tomorrow and take my kids out for the first time, taking the day off to enjoy the beautiful weather. I have not been out since early May and haven't fished lake St. Clair in 5 years. I would like to try trolling or drifting for walleye, any help would be greatly appreciated. If it is a bad time for walleye, how about small mouth? If I don't keep them busy it will be a short day;)

I have the boat on a trailer, so any thoughts on where I should launch would also be helpful.

Check out other threads you'll find great info...but to sum it up toll in lines basically from metro down the mile markers...6-12ft has been productive... another way is slip bobbers and crawlers in the weeds...Soon the north channel should start picking up between grass island and the mouth...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great, I will give it a try up by Metro. Maybe start out with slip bobbers and see how that goes. Maybe better chance to catch something and keep the kids interested for a while longer.

Do you think it is worth getting minnows?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Great, I will give it a try up by Metro. Maybe start out with slip bobbers and see how that goes. Maybe better chance to catch something and keep the kids interested for a while longer.

Do you think it is worth getting minnows?
I would atleast a dozen... Anything to increase your chances

·
Banned
7,550 Posts
stop in at sportsmens direct and get some golden shiners and head out to 14-16 feet and drift with slip bobbers and the kids will do well..Move around if your getting no action until you find the bass

1 - 5 of 5 Posts