Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys....I'm not sure if this is the proper forum to post this in but I've been getting asked alot lately about the walleye fishing on the Canadian side of St. Clair. Some people tell me that its been dead over there in the summer and the winter for years now but that's hard for me to believe since the American side has been producing very well. Anyone have any info on this topic ?

Thanks.

Jon

·
Registered
904 Posts
The canadian side doesn't get alot of pub, but I know early in the summer after most of the eyes leave the river they move into the lake and can be caught trolling or drifting w/ crawler harnesses. Most MI guys stay on the US side cause of the one pole restriction and slot limit. Plus it is just as productive and it saves on gas.

·
Super Moderator
10,176 Posts
I fish over there quite often and let's just say, it is not dead! :) Even with 1 rod/person and the slot, lots of limits were taken.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
John, don't let a good thing out of the bag;) I'll have to agree, no problem taking a limit...

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.....now I'm already thinking (obsessed) about my first ice walleye trip for the coming season. A few of us used to go over there every single weekend chasing them eyes out on the ice. We used to really pound 'em too but that was about 12 years ago and none of us have gone since. This was when I was alot younger. Now I want to pick it back up where we left off and start going again. I guess I'm a little late this year ehh ? I'm really looking forward to next season though. :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts