Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

Have been toying with going on a trip the last few years. Now, got the 100% okay from my wife. I'll be taking my oldest son with me. Looking for quality guide recommendations from the last few years or advice on who to stay away from! :)

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm not much help with a guide recommendation as we've never used one when we go. However as sureshot alluded to, when doing your research I would highly recommend finding a guide that's willing to be mobile. Rare is the trip where I plop right down on top of fish in the first holes I drill. Good luck and enjoy your trip! Simcoe can be an amazing place!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I've gone the last couple years with a buddy. We stayed and fished with Peninsula Resort. I agree with the above posts, you could probably do much better if you had your own stuff and were mobile. I like Peninsula because the rooms have kitchenettes and they pick you up right at your room to fish. We have caught decent amounts of fish both times with a few really nice ones mixed in. We are going again the end of January. Its a good time.

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
Howdy,

Have been toying with going on a trip the last few years. Now, got the 100% okay from my wife. I'll be taking my oldest son with me. Looking for quality guide recommendations from the last few years or advice on who to stay away from! :)

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas!
bowhunter on this site is a good source of info > He may be able to help you with a PM. Good luck !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts