Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just looking for an ice report for Ponemah.

My buddy has a few spots that he used to fish, but has lost his access to the lake near the areas from a sale of land.

anyways, just want to know if machines are out on the lake, (I assume there are), and how thick the ice is.

I guess we will be leaving from the ramp on the south side, are there any trouble spots that form from year to year?

I know, its my responsibility to check the ice, just want a second opinion before we head out next weekend.(super-bowl weekend)

thanks
will post a report how we do.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I haven't been out there yet this year but I know to the left of the launch never can be trusted with river being so close...besides that you should be fine.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Fished it Friday solid 10 inches, snow machines , four wheelers, pickup truck out there plowing snow. I fished over by the river by the first island by the boat launch, drilled over a dozen holes never found any thin ice by the river water was only 3 feet deep but ice was thick. Couldn't reach the bottom of the ice with my dipper before my hand was in the water so it pretty thick.

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
I was out on one of the channels today and there was a good 6".

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good to get some solid info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts