Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am making my first ever trip to Sleep Hollow today after work. Anyone have any tips or sugggestions for bass?

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Ovid is an impoundment and extremely weedy: think of it as a series of channels through weedmats. I assume you have a boat. You can get a basic map of the lake at the park ranger station. I would begin by following the channel from the old creek bed that runs from the bridge up to the dam by the swimming area. I would probably start by going out from the boat launch and then hard right all the way down to the bridge, then reverse course and head up towards the dam. Have a couple different types of weedless baits (Scumfrogs, Senkos would be my first choice) that can hit both top of the weeds and underwater. I would target the edge of the emergent weeds all along the channel. I usually kept a crankbait handy to toss into some of the more open water areas on the edge of the channel.
Maybe some other guys have some more recent info, but I suspect the lake hasn't change much since I was there.
If you don't have a boat, I would try wading at the edges of the swimming area and tossing Senkos and spinnerbaits towards the weeds. Forget the crankbaits. Just make sure that you are actually outside of the swimming area and casting away from it.
Hope this helps,
DaveW

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
When I was there I fished the wind blown point straight out from the launch and did well on the bass.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts