Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a question.... i am coming into town this next week. oct. 4-11 and will be fishing with my old man. been down here in arizona for a year and haven't yet wet a line... don't ask why. anyways, been going nuts because of the situation. my dad has been fishing lake ontario pretty hard in the summer the last couple of years, but he, nor I, have yet experienced the fall river or harbor run and was wondering if we are going to hit some fresh fish. my dad has a couple spots in mind... from talking to some locals, but if i could get some input, that would be great. not looking for specific spots, but a general area/ fishing method would be cool. PM's are welcomed... we are going to be fishing around the toronto area... aka "the bluffs"

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so nobody has any tips? everyone must be going over to manistee where the little fish are... just looking for some pointers. i know gas is a problem, but if i can afford to fly from the desert southwest and drive to the queen's land, some one has to be fishing over there. not to be harsh, but really?! this is hard to believe! its not like im looking for specific areas. i know there is a lot of fishing to be had over there, i would just like some kind of advice. i thought this was a sight for people to share info. i just cant believe that no one fishes in this area in the fall.

·
Registered
464 Posts
It's not that people on this sight are being "secretive", they just don't fish that area much. If you are planning on fishing and staying near the Toronto Bluffs, I suggest you obtain some info from Tightlines Bait & Tackle in Pickering. They would be able to give you a fishing report on Lake O's tribs.

There are two rivers leading into the Pickering (Frenchmans Bay) and Whitby areas from Lake O, but I am unfamiliar with them as how they are for fishing in the fall. Bronte, back to the Southwest, is a more well-known port for its late run. A more geographic fishing sight for your question would be spoonpullers.com.

Good luck with your trip!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts