Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out for a couple hours with my son. Fish were off the weed edges and on top of the weed flats. Might be the last good day until the winds die down. Hear it might drop into the low 30's for lows this weekend. Hope it doesnt scatter the fish to much.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a pretty decent lake. Bluegill are mostly 7-8 in the deeper weed pockets and smaller in the weeds. It is also fun to drift across the larger basin during the summer. You never know what will be the next fish....perch...bass...eye...gill... Lots of fun for kids.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Nice catch. My family has a cottage on that lake I spend much of the summer at. Don't forget about the pike! They usually hang right around the spot you were in by the gills. Got this guy a couple weekends ago too.
ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1445783770.538479.jpg

·
Registered
112 Posts
Nice catch. My family has a cottage on that lake I spend much of the summer at. Don't forget about the pike! They usually hang right around the spot you were in by the gills. Got this guy a couple weekends ago too. View attachment 194130
Nice job! This lake is on my list of places to fish. I just haven't made it out there yet.
Good lake to Bass fish always catch bass and pike
Nice job! This lake is on my list of places to fish. I just haven't made it out there yet.
Nothing real big this year,but I have caught a couple 4lb+ out of there last year.I did get 2 eyes out of the this year 6lb 27" this spring and a 7Ib 28" about a mouth ago both off a crankbait in 6' ow.l did release everything back into the lake.

·
Registered
875 Posts
It is a pretty decent lake. Bluegill are mostly 7-8 in the deeper weed pockets and smaller in the weeds. It is also fun to drift across the larger basin during the summer. You never know what will be the next fish....perch...bass...eye...gill... Lots of fun for kids.
Dont forget about the spring specks out there!! Can produce some bigguns and fast action!!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is good to know... I must be doing something wrong! I have to start re focusing on the specks! Ben and the boys have ma all fired up!

·
Registered
242 Posts
On neppessing timing is key i can only find em in thebspring after that they vanish! Or i dont look enough!lol.
Yeah this is very true spring and fall it is very good. Before mid July last year I caught 15 real nice bass in probably about 8 hours of fishing. After that it was one the rest of the year until a couple weeks ago.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts