Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading up there this weekend. First time going to the area for ice fishing and was hoping to get some insight on where to go. Some friends of mine from out of town are coming and want to show them a good time, would hate to be sitting out there for two whole days and not catch anything. We are planning on going towards the middle of Mitchell one day and by big bay the second day. Any other suggestions, any would be greatly appreciated. Happy fishing all!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Be careful with the ice. We had almost a foot near interlochen and had a 96 670 out there but, it’s weird slush ice. One place it felt like you could put a freight train on it and other areas felt sketchy walking over. Only good point is it don’t take long to hand auger a hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
aint been there in years, but I remember renting a place across the road from the lake in the mid 70'S, complete with kitchenette. $14.00 a night

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just got back from Lake Mitchell... it sucked (or maybe it was just me). Certainly didn’t see anyone scrambling for their tip-ups or pulling anything else in either (of course no telling how good the guys in the shanties were doing).

Marked tons of fish, they didn’t want wax worms nor minnow. Only one 4” inch perch for my 7am to 1pm stretch.

Did you make it out there, and have any luck?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts