Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st time on the lake, where Sould I start for walleyes.? Any / all info would be helpful . Thanks steelydann

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone Fish Lake Missuakee??? Any info would be helpful . THANKS ON ADVANCE. I fish most of the time around Kalamazoo and Lake Erie thur the ice..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. Heading up Thursday night for a weekend of fishing for eyes and gills. One more. Is there at specks in the lake and any ideas of where, will be night fishing at least 2 nights. Thanks again for the first timer. STEELYDANN

·
Premium Member
10,790 Posts
I have not been out there since Sat but they had the polar plunge on Sat and there is a big hole to the north of the city dock. They usually mark it very well so be careful in that area. Later in the year they catch specks straight out from this dock

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Scout 2 for the info. Will look for the plunge hole and stay away from it . Is the City dock north or South of the hotel gift shop?? Steeldann

·
Premium Member
10,790 Posts
Thanks Scout 2 for the info. Will look for the plunge hole and stay away from it . Is the City dock north or South of the hotel gift shop?? Steeldann
Just to the north. You can see it about 100 yds or so north. The guys I know that fish for specks usually fish mid morning and just before dark

·
Registered
926 Posts
1st time on the lake, where Sould I start for walleyes.? Any / all info would be helpful . Thanks steelydann

Lake Mitchell or Houghton Lake!:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Eric, I'm staying at the lakeview tomorrow night; did you find gills/crappie in that same area?
Sorry we were up north snowmobiling all weekend. We went a quarter mile or so out from the hotel and did alright on gills and specks. Not many but the ones we got were good size. We did get quite a few little pike out there on tip-ups but no walleye. All the walleye were after dark right in front of the hotel on tip-ups.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Heading up next thursday, for our annual ice fishing trip. First time fishing this lake. How has the fishing been, any depth or area better then others. PM's are appreciated. I will update how the fishing is next week when we are up there. Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Haha yeah, it would of been a little chilly, don't think my wife would of appreciated the ice fishing trip over Valentine's Day

·
Registered
10 Posts
went out last night around midnight mostly just to test out new auger and ice fishing gear i haven't used in years... arctic express 6"... wasn't my dream auger, but it was on sale and it was available. walked about 100 yds out from hotel looking for the 25ft hole from the lake map i have. i don't have electronics but i measured best i could using my lake map book. i dropped a weight to guess-timate depth and i think it was about 20-25ft. dropped in a few different jigs with waxworms and spikes. dropped in a rapala jigging lure also on a tip up - no takers. only was out for about an hour. it was basically a mess. have a laugh at my expense. ice had to be close to 24". the last inch or two of ice closest to the water was super hard to get through. i kept kind of loading up and cranking the auger to try to get through last little bit. big mistake. the "bolt" that holds the two pieces of the auger together sheared like hot butter. i'm lucky i didn't lose the lower half of the auger into the water. i didn't see anyone else out between 12-2am, but visibility was limited. i didn't go out this morning but there were about 4-5 shanties about 300 yds straight out from lakeview hotel. i'm hoping to get out tomorrow on and off all day so i will report after that. of course i do have to pick up a new bolt for the auger first. as far as an auger review goes, i would say the arctic express 6" cut fairly well except for that last inch or two, but the way that bolt sheared definitely shows what you get for a chinese piece of crap. i do have a new set of swedish blades on the way for my strikemaster 8" praise Jesus.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts