Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have everything to fish the surf and understand you want a small chop, around a foot or two. With the weather in the next few days being east winds and 1-3ft waves is this good or does east wind hurt the steel fishing? thanks

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
I have everything to fish the surf and understand you want a small chop, around a foot or two. With the weather in the next few days being east winds and 1-3ft waves is this good or does east wind hurt the steel fishing? thanks
Lousy idea to fish in east winds as they blow warmer surface water out and it is replaced by colder water.

·
Registered
369 Posts
East is not your friend 7-8 months out of the year....this is not the time for the east wind :)

However,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'd fish it anyway. I've always heard the saying ' wind from the east, fish bite the least', well, I've done well on east wind days!

That being said, everyone that knows me knows that I'll fish even if the fish aren't biting. :D

And, come to think of it, the last day I was out this year I went 4-6 and wind was out of the,,,,,,,,,,,,,SOUTH EAST. (Right Carpmaster, :D)

Just say'n is all,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
However,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'd fish it anyway. I've always heard the saying ' wind from the east, fish bite the least', well, I've done well on east wind days!

That being said, everyone that knows me knows that I'll fish even if the fish aren't biting. :D

And, come to think of it, the last day I was out this year I went 4-6 and wind was out of the,,,,,,,,,,,,,SOUTH EAST. (Right Carpmaster, :D)

Just say'n is all,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I cannot catch them on the east garbage....what direction was the chop outta????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts