Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Very cool JD. Thanks for sharing.
My cousin just moved to the Kenosha area. I noticed you launched there and fished at Racine.
1.What makes Racine better?
2. Whats the best/most common troling derection?
Thank you,
Ken.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Awesome vid!!!! Thanks for sharing, looks like a great bunch of guys too!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very cool JD. Thanks for sharing.
My cousin just moved to the Kenosha area. I noticed you launched there and fished at Racine.
1.What makes Racine better?
2. Whats the best/most common troling derection?
Thank you,
Ken.
Two years ago we fished Kenosha, it just depends on the time of year and where the fish are. It is a short run between ports - maybe 13 miles or so. We put in at Racine that morning becuase we were going to leave the boat in the water for the day and I really like Simmons Island Marina in Kenosha. We ended up pulling it anyway and fishing Racine at night. So as far as port - Racine has more structure to fish, but it just depends on where the fish are. Both are good.

Direction - Didnt really matter. But I would say N-S or S-N as you run with the countour lines for the most part. Once you fish the zone or the current break the fish are in, just stick with it.

I am orginally from that area so if he has any questions let me know. It is a great area for sportsman. A lot of little inland lakes, and great facilities on the big lake. He should be able to go into the Marina's now and bang on the browns through the ice.

JD

·
Premium Member
9,594 Posts
Looks like a good trip.:)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hey, great boat and video. Just curious..... how do you troll slow enough with those 2 200 horsepower outboards? Do you use bags or can those outboards go slow enough?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Depends on how slow, waves, wind ect.... But generally anything above 2.2MPH no bags required. Anything below that and we run bags. Early in the spring we pull cranks as slow as 1.1 for eyes on Erie.

Autopilot is just about a must if you want to go that slow however.

I have also throught about dropping some prop pitch. Currently running 21's and if I went back to 19's it would be abit eaiser I would guess. But I like the top end the 21's provide.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts