Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys coming up to the bay and Huron this summer for some fishing. Do a lot of fishing on Lake Erie and am just looking for some help on what tackle to start getting bought and ready. Majority of my fishing on Erie is done trolling bandits, deep huskey jerks and harnesses. I've been doing a lot of research and reading through the forums and I see a lot of guys pull #7 flicker shads and also flicker minnows. Do you run the 9s and/or 11 flicker minnows? Also are the flicker shads and minnows used on the big water as well? Do the bandits work well up there too?

Being from lake Erie not really looking to catch numbers of fish more so interested in fishing new areas and trying to get some bigger fish. I figure that those will be caught on lake Huron instead of the bay. I appreciate the assistance.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

· Registered
80 Posts
The bandits and harnesses you have for Erie are both very popular on the Bay all summer, also the flicker shads and minnows you mentioned have become big here too. Myself, the last 5 or 6 years use mostly jet divers and spoons or occasionally revert back to old standbys, deep little ripper reef runners, Hot n tots. Or as a last resort crawlers. Most people seem to be using in line planners but nothing wrong with the mast type either.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for all of the replies. I know someone that said I don't need to buy new stuff, my wife has been telling me that for years Haha if you had to choose between flicker minnow 9s or 11s which do you typically do better on? I know that bandits are the big craze on Lake Erie, but as the years go by I find myself getting away from them more and more. Feel like I catch bigger fish on other lures.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.