Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
headed to ludington in the morning for a week, I'll be on lk. michigan evry morning I can,not sure what channel they talk on there,I'll scan till, I find out,anyways if anyone else is fishing out of ludington next week give me a shout..

·
Registered
229 Posts
Larry,
I fished out of Ludington yesterday and all I can say is your most likely in for a treat. Mnay people are on channel 68 but we scanned the cannels and info was everywhere. Most of the people use gps location numbers when they are on the radio. Everyone had fish yesterday and lots of them were big kings, many going over 20 lbs. Most of the locals up there fish off Au Sable point. You have to go about 5 to 7 miles north along the shoreline. There is a huge drop off up there where the lake goes from 70 fow to 150 real fast. It drops of even further from there. Yesterday there was extremely cold water in tight. We had readings of 39 to 42 degree temps on the surface. We could not believe how cold it was. We kept going north east until we hit 50 degree surface temps and got into the fish immediately. We were in 350 fow and got fish in the top 70 feet. There were Steelhead in the top 30 feet and kings from 40 to 70 feet down. Even the guys who fished the extremely cold water in tight did well. Anything with green was hot. Green dolphin worked well. Regs not mags. Fishcathers with green flys worked too. Another friend got his big fish all on Bloody nose.
Everyone and their brother was up there so get to the launch early. We got there by 5:30am and waited in line for 30 minutes to launch. The line moves pretty fast but the parking lots fill up fast. Another friend got there at 4:30am and got right in the water. Good luck. Take a big cooler cause the big 4 year old are there:D They have a nice fish cleaning station too:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts