Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading up in about a week and a half. Just curious if anyone knows how the walleye bite as been?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not sure about this year, but around 4th of July last year I was catching them at the boat launch, all of them were right around 14 or 15 inches but still had fun. Almost every cast was a smallie, walleye, or hammer handle for about 2 hours straight.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I live in ironwood and have been fishing Gogebic pretty consistently this year, was out 2 days ago and got 4 keeper eyes and 16 perch. The north end weeds have been producing limits for us for a few weeks now. I would launch in bergland and start in front of the walleye lodge and head towards the timbers from there, 8-10 fow with crawler/leech and slip bobber. I'm heading out this evening and will report back.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses. We have been going for a few years now in the middle of July but due to a wedding had to move to the end of July. Always look forward to our trip to Gogebic. Especially excited this year since I bought my first boat this year. Can't wait to put her on the waters of Lake Gogebic.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just got back, got 7 walleye and 5 perch between 2 of us. Lost a few nice fish in the weeds also. Slip bobbers and leeches in front of the walleye lodge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts