Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has an one fished one lake fenton ice fishing? beacuser i live by it and i ice fish i all the time an i cant seem to find a spot that prduces good crappie

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Me and a friend of mine fished lake fenton last week end and never had a bite we fished off the public access .Years ago we use to fish cranes cove with lots of action for gills & pike but hard to fish there now unless you want to walk aways.there is nowhere to park.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
My brother-in-law and I was just talking on trying Fen.lake soon. We have not fish it on the ice in a long time. Maybe we can team up and find some fish. When we go I will post and see if you can go then. Do you have a frs radio? That would help. Cranes cove, Driving on Torry Rd. where the lake gets very close to Torry rd. is Cranes cove. I don't remember the east and west road name that ends at Torry right there. I guess someone will tell you. If they don't I can look it up on map Quest and get it for you if need be.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Seems like the Cranes cove fishing might not be good since that little cove gets all the fishing pressure. I haven't been out there in the past 2 years ice fishing.

Deputy, Cranes cove is the part of the lake that sticks out right to the road, I beleive it is Torrey Rd. near an intersection just can't remember the other road right now.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think it is just north of Lahring road.

I tried Fenton back in mid January. No one was catching anything by the landing so I went out to the sand bar to the east. I caught 2 small northerns and that was it.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey i think we should team up and look for some spots how old are you and yes i have a radio it reaches about five miles bring a freind i will to i know of one who will come if you want email me at [email protected] Aol instant messager handle is xdeputy865 talk to you then

deputy865

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
funny this was one of my first thread s and look at nme know what else is funny the crappie i really wanted to catch through all that dragging the gear through the snow drilling hole when the ce is a foot and a half deep. and not catching a single on then just dragging and coming back home. well a couple days ago me and a buddy caught a mess of crappie. after i thought about this it was agrivating. but on a second note it was my first crappie in two years :lol: :D that is how bad it has been on lake fenton the same day i caught my first catfish :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts