Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guy's, I'm looking for a good on-line source for lake Erie weather reports. I hate to make a long drive and then get blown off the lake. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,775 Posts
Your guess is as good as any. Yesterday they reported 7 mph winds before I went out. If those were 7's then I'm 9 foot tall. All the weather buoys are located in Ohio waters and outside the near shore forecasts. NOAA is more accurate but they changed their wind reports between me leaving the house and getting out there.

I find that www.wunderground.com is slightly more accurate and updates their reports more frequently than most sites but they are still off.

If you have a marine radio check the weather band for the current info but that may still change before you get to the water. I wish my job allowed me to be wrong as often as the weatherman.:dizzy:

·
Registered
838 Posts
If its more current information your looking for, try the Western Basin Sportfishing Association site at http://wbsa.us/denied/. They have links to the weather bouy out of Vermillion, as well as a camera mounted on the turn around buoy near the end of the Maumee river channel, updated hourly.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
If going out of Sterling, use the Brest Bay Marina camera. Will give you and idea of conditions in the bay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.