Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
remington - turkey, grouse, woodcock, duck, goose, deer (and pheasant if any exist)
1,012 Posts
Do you think that they could be snowy egrets?
every time I take the tour of the banana dike at pt mouillee they are sitting on the bank. strange sight. then a couple flew over the lake I was hunting on opening day of duck season on a public lake in Traverse City.

god, I hope they don't add to the commorant taking of our perch!

·
Registered
177 Posts
yep they have been around for awhile. do not look like anything else for sure. first time i seen them i did not tell to many people cause no believed me. but there are a few summering on Saginaw bay.

Reactions: sureshot006

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
While I was down at Pointe Mouillee today, failing to catch any catfish, when 3 white pelicans flew bye.
Yep, large flocks move through this area every Spring, along with Loons, heading back North.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Was fishing for Atlantics about 5 years ago in the detour passage which is by drummond island in the eastern UP. Had a flock of about 30 go over the boat and thought I was having hallucinations. Nope - guy told me they have been around up there for quite awhile now.
20200502_180951.jpg

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I have never seen them here.I didnt know they came this far north.Good thing I never made a bet on this,I would of lost.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts