Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blade baits, blade baits, blade baits. Why mess with the minnows!! Limits everytime. Thanks Reel Naughty for the advice last week on the blades. They were the trick this weekend. We fished over in the Maumee Bay about a mile south of the Toledo Light house in 13-13.5 feet of water. No shallower, no deeper. Couldn't keep them off the blades. We used 3/4 oz yellow blades with black accents. A lot of others were using purple hairs with a minnow or were trolling, but why even mess with that when you can hammer em' with artificial. $40 for the Ohio tag but it is well worth it. Took the whole family(five of us) yesterday and limited out in 1.5 hours. Friday morning, 3 man limit is 45 minutes(and that included missing about 4 at the boat and several miss hits). Unbelievable!!!!! No fishing today though, too tired and needed some rest. Working overtime all week to pay for gas. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
668 Posts
Glad to hear you got into them. We fished both Sat and Sunday and smacked them pretty good.

JD

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
It was a pretty AWESOME weekend of fishing, didnt matter what you used or how you used it. The weather was spectacular also. Heres a few pics from a nice weekend.
Scott

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
Michihunter said:
Thanks for the info!!;) Any particular size and color?
The #10 and #12 deep Husky Jerks in blue/chrome orange belly was by far the best. For the Reef Runner colors the Bare Naked, Pink Lemonaid, Captains choice and Purple Metalic Chart Tiger. All in the 800 series, which is the big deep diver.

Scott

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Glad you guys got on em...we put a hurting on em hard this weekend with blade baits and jigs....prolly caught near 150 eyes between Sat and Sunday for our group total....not bad getting a 6 man limit in an hour or so....ha...make 6 casts catch 5 eyes...done...haha....man i love it

i even busted out the ice fishing rod for about 20 minutes and caught 6 eyes on it and lost about as many...

we set up on the dumping grounds area to fill our MI limit and got eyes on the 800 series RR as well....lotsa boys trolling cranks out there...

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I was fishing the same area-with the same result. I used silver cicadas. I had one cast where I had a fish on for about 5 seconds, lost it, had another hit it on the drop, had him on for about 5 seconds, lost it, then another hit it on the drop and I caught him!:)

Jim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts