Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm heading up next weekend and was looking to get an ice/fishing report out of boyne city. Anyone been out there?

thank you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I haven't personally seen anyone off of Boyne city. That arm just started freezing up good two days ago. The south arm though is gettin fished.

·
Registered
7 Posts
From what I hear it has been come and go. There was a small group out there this last Sunday morning. if you havent fished here, you can expect a mix bag on the south arm. Eyes and pike some perch. That's half the fun.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have only fished the South Arm on the Ice and then near Ironton later for Perch. I am curious myself how the fishing is near Boyne City off of Veterans Park

·
Registered
311 Posts
I tried in front of the park once last year couldn't find anything. Had better luck down by Young State park. I was walking then though so didn't move much. Got me a quad this year and will be back out hunting more. I also found a hell of a structure this summer trolling in my boat down from Hemingway Point I wanna fish around if the lake is Quad friendly this year.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys at my dad's work said they do alright with some walleyes out of boyne city. Where though, I don't know.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am game to try anywhere, no quad but not afraid to walk if needed. I just would like to find a consistent bite somewhere. Dutchmans Bay is a average spot early but then peters out. How far do you have to walk off of Youngs State Park to be in fish-able walleye water?

·
Registered
51 Posts
There were still isolated pools of water in the main body of the north arm this morning. There are a couple of good vantage points from the bluff on BC-Charlevoix Rd, so it was pretty easy to pick them out. I would be real careful about the north arm. When I drove by the Boyne City harbor this evening I did not see anyone out there. As has been noted earlier, the ice fishing has been going on in the south arm. I'll check again in a few minutes.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I am game to try anywhere, no quad but not afraid to walk if needed. I just would like to find a consistent bite somewhere. Dutchmans Bay is a average spot early but then peters out. How far do you have to walk off of Youngs State Park to be in fish-able walleye water?
I was fishing in 30-40 fow and from the parking lot it was about a half mile maybe but snow was deep and breaking my own trail. It wasn't bad I've walked farther out of the tourist park for less action.

·
Registered
311 Posts

Yep! Near a half a mile. There's usually a trail packed down good from parking to the beach

·
Registered
51 Posts
Still lots of water could be seen from the bluff this morning. Did see one hardy individual out past the harbor being buffeted by the wind and blowing snow this evening.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
There was a guy out behind Honeywell in Boyne City yesterday. I couldn't imagine the ice was more than 2-3", since there was all open water 5 days ago. Getting hit with blowing snow now, I'd wait going out anywhere near Young State park for a few more days if not a week.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

1 - 20 of 121 Posts