Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good morning, everyone. Heading up north next weekend to a friend's place on Lake Bellaire. Neither of us have ever fished it before and I was hoping for a few tips/ideas. His place is near the north end.

Thanks!

Also was wondering what the ice safety is like near the two rivers or if there are any other danger spots.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I'm not sure there is even ice yet. My gf and i both work over there and i will see if she has time to swing by the boat launch and see if there is ice or anyone is even out there.

Lots of guys fish out of the walk in landing on the NE corner and straight out from the fishermans landing launch. I usually just stick with minnows on a hook a foot or so off the bottom. Anywhere along the drop offs on the east side, and around where the river dumps in is always a popular spot due to good weed beds.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I just got a report from a guy I work with that lives on it. There is ice on the north arm and he has seen people out on it , but said there is very little ice on the main lake. It is real windy today and cold, but i doubt it will freeze up for a few more weeks on the main body of the lake

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback. How's the fishing in the North Arm in general? That's still pretty deep from what I recall.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
It's shaped like a river in terms of how the bottom contours are. Shallow out a 100 feet then a sharp drop off to 20- 25 feet with weeds along the drop and stopping after the drop off starts to flatten out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts