Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Renting a waterfront cottage on clam lake on August 19. Going to be bringing the boat with me, but I have never fished that chain of lakes before. I am looking to do some trolling for walleye (day and night) and maybe some Muskie.

It is right by the river that connects Clam to Bellaire. Which lake is better, and what tactics/colors are used? Also what leaders should I be using?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Renting a waterfront cottage on clam lake on August 19. Going to be bringing the boat with me, but I have never fished that chain of lakes before. I am looking to do some trolling for walleye (day and night) and maybe some Muskie.

It is right by the river that connects Clam to Bellaire. Which lake is better, and what tactics/colors are used? Also what leaders should I be using?
The few times I've been there the boat traffic on Clam was ridiculous. Might just have been the weekend but still not good. Bellaire was much quieter. I would try it.
For Bass Muskies and just for something different, try Skegemog.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Stick with Bellaire. Like Buckbaker said, Clam gets a lot of traffic and being shallow has a lot of mowed over weeds that make trolling near impossible. Clam doesn't settle down until after Labor day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts