Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another last minute decision to go today about noon. When I read that "Fish bite at noon on the full moon" I tried the area east of markers 25 & 27 in 15-19 FOW.
Caught 2 walleye (16" and 17") but we only fished from 1:10-3:15PM. One was on a Harness w/Orange & Yellow w/ black dot on gold blade and white plastic minnow down about 14'. The second fish was on a Deep Little Ripper - Pink Lemonade color down about 10'. Wind was almost enough to to troll w/o motor.

A few other fish, but only two walleye.

Joyfully,
Jim

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Hey Jim good to hear you got out AND got some more walleye! Good job. It sure was a beauty day to be out !
Neat to see you are part of the 'rubber' crowd too ; > ) We exclusively use brown rubber wyandotte worms and they have been producing well for us. Here is a link to a thread re: Wyandotte worms, with a picture of them rigged correctly on a harness.

http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=428301

Maybe switch out the white worm for a brown Wyandotte worm and see what happens ???? Just make sure the worm runs nice and straight in the water.
Best regards,
Laura

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Thanks for posting the link to the pic of riggin' wyandottes. I'm going to try it out Sunday morn...weather permitting. I've been doing very well this year in the 16fow range, w/ 5/8-3/4oz inlines. Do you think it's an important part of the rig to use a heavier weight? I noticed that a 2oz weight was used in the thread. Also, do you mind telling how long the weight leader is on the 3-way? Just curious... Thanks

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Hi Fin, The drop for the weight is about 2 feet and we use 1 1/2 or 2 ounce sinkers. Here is a pic of one of our poles rigged with the three way.

Hope this helps : > )
Meanwhile we have really enjoyed your posts and remember when you started up here, last year I believe. Good job on the fish !

Laura

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Thanks for the info and pics. I'm going to try the 3-way and wyandotte for sure. I have a lot of confidence using techniques suggested in this forum by several members. Everyone has been great sharing info. I remember talking to you about perching last year. My focus has really been on the walleye when I do get out this year. I don't mind trying something new, and I can always fall back on my current presentation if things don't work out....right? Change is tough, but you sure make a good case for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts