Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody has ever fished this lake in the up. Half of the water is in Mi and the other half is in Wi.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've never fished it, but I hear that the tiger muskies from this lake have some awesome markings. I'll be watching for answers on this one, for sure

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My son and I fished lake michigamme last year.We are always looking for new water in the u.p. . Any help on this body of water would be helpful.I would have thought that more guys have fished Lac Viex Desert.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
i wrote her off for anything but a half day stop a few years back..too many issues! indian utilization, feds messin with water levels, weeds, mi/wis boundary rules, lots of resorts and tourist type stuff around. Wisconsin does the stocking here so it is heavily bias to the musky enthusiast..for the tons of walleyes they stock the return is on the smallish side, the pike tend to run small in open water season and the bigger musky hit much better after labor day. Misery bay launch can be difficult to launch from occassionally(depends on rainfall and feds adjusting water levels)..its a vilas county water..so NO trolling...weekends can get real busy for an upper peninsula water..do have many great places to eat around here, but most of the better fishing isfrom labor day thru the 'ice' season.Ol' perch pockets will enjoy the panfishing, they often run quite large,when you find them!..lol How did you enjoy Michigamme?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We liked fishing Michigamme. Lots of walleyes about half were keepers. Nice area and nice people. We will go back again this summer,this time in June instead of August.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts