Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

L F T S 10/20

21K views 142 replies 67 participants last post by  mjhowell75 
#1 ·
Didn't want to add 2020 to the title in hopes of changing our luck.
LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE !

#11 · (Edited)
Good luck today fellas. Have to take a stupid class for work today, should actually be a day off for me. Oh well, overtime money from today will help me pay for something else hunting related :D Unless the wife says no. I have been spending a ton getting back into deer hunting. Nobody told me all the money I made is really hers when we got married. And all the money she makes is hers too ;)

#16 ·
Checking in from Jackson co. Calling for north wind here, which is the worst wind for my number one spot so out in the swamp this morning. First hunt this year out here theirs just not the sign like in years past. I not alone, must be 100 robins around me. Probably couldn’t hear a herd of deer out here with all the noise their making. Little fog out here. Good luck fellow hunters.
Sky Plant community Plant Natural environment Natural landscape

#39 ·
4 does and these 2 little guys pushing each other around so far. View attachment 590363
2 year old 8 point just went and pushed the 2 little bucks off. 8 bucks and a dozen does so far, beautiful morning. View attachment 590381
Shooter 10 point got to 80 yards and turned and walked out of my life. Heart was starting to thump. View attachment 590397

I sure would like to film a hunt with you, you're having an action packed day!

I hope that big boy comes back to you. I think we all want to see a nice crisp picture of him.

#21 ·
Out in washtenaw. Had a nice 2.5yo 9pt hang around for an hour. Saw a nice wide 10pt for a minute that im guessing is a stud 2.5yo but never got the chance to look him over. Hoping to have a fat doe or Turkey come by. Less than a week until my first out of state trip to missouri!

#25 ·
Back from Alaska now, didn't want to come back. I have never experienced such beauty. I will be back soon.

Still undecided if I am gonna hunt yet tonight. I have a lot of stuff to put away and get a few things done since I have been gone, but they will still be there when I get back from hunting.

Saw some really nice bucks on my way home from Chicago last night. One BIG one standing in a field near Paw Paw @ about 5pm without a worry in the world.

#43 ·
Back from Alaska now, didn't want to come back. I have never experienced such beauty. I will be back soon.

Still undecided if I am gonna hunt yet tonight. I have a lot of stuff to put away and get a few things done since I have been gone, but they will still be there when I get back from hunting.

Saw some really nice bucks on my way home from Chicago last night. One BIG one standing in a field near Paw Paw @ about 5pm without a worry in the world.
You can put the things away when it’s dark. Get out and hunt. Have always wanted to experience Alaska

#27 ·
I've analyzed several pics of this TOAD and I'm convinced that he's past his prime (7+) and the overbight has held him back his entire life from growing the kind of antlers that get you out in the woods.
Might have to cull him this year. You can't say I didn't give him time to get it together.

Plant Tree Deer Biome Natural landscape

#31 ·
View attachment 590399 It’s him!! He’s now at the end of my north lane. There’s no mistaking those glistening nubbins. Got the grunt call on the pre-pubescent setting and going to see if I can draw him in.

I'm giddy with anticipation!!!
Any chance you could go Facebook Live and take us along for the shot?!?!?!?

#40 ·
View attachment 590401 Too many geese flying around for him to hear my calling. But in the past 5 minutes he’s come almost 35 yards closer. Here he is at 118 yards (still a full 38 yards past my max x-gun range. My heart’s beginning to race!
Good luck NS i just pulled out the grunt tube on a 8pt that walked past, realized I wanted him after I passed him. Hit it a cpl times and he ran right back to me

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.