Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

81 - 100 of 143 Posts

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Just had the largest Tom I’ve ever seen come strutting through. Had his eyes on a pretty lady that wanted nothing to do with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
Settled in GT public. This hang and hunt may not have been worth the effort, somehow I GPSed the spot wrong...walked through a rough part of the swamp. Settled in now though, just looking for a doe.

Congratulations Gatorman! I can't see the pic though!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Didn’t think I was able to get out today but turns out I’m gonna get a couple hrs. Gonna get back late, but better than not at all.

Got to stand, could hear a fawn bleating, finally saw it. Eventually mom and 2 little ones walked in. Barely can get situated. Good to see movement right now.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I'll pop in to show the 7 I got this morning. I've gotten him on camera a few times and seen him grazing down the hill while cutting the grass this summer.
I haven't been out after dropping my bow while sighting in and destroying a cam and string stop but Jay's hooked me up after 3 weeks, and my scope was still dead on after picking it up with a fresh string, so I've made it out 3 times.
After seeing 3 spooky beyond belief does yesterday morning I got set this morning and he snuck in on me at 830am at 27 yards.
He gave me a quartering towards shot and since he stood still I took it. I had a nice downward pass through obviously hit, he went maybe 25 yards and I heard him drop. I walked up to the house to get the ATV and here he laid. I hit one lung and heart.
View attachment 590489
Congrats Jimbos. Love those Emmet Co. Bucks

·
Registered
18,766 Posts
I'll pop in to show the 7 I got this morning. I've gotten him on camera a few times and seen him grazing down the hill while cutting the grass this summer.
I haven't been out after dropping my bow while sighting in and destroying a cam and string stop but Jay's hooked me up after 3 weeks, and my scope was still dead on after picking it up with a fresh string, so I've made it out 3 times.
After seeing 3 spooky beyond belief does yesterday morning I got set this morning and he snuck in on me at 830am at 27 yards.
He gave me a quartering towards shot and since he stood still I took it. I had a nice downward pass through obviously hit, he went maybe 25 yards and I heard him drop. I walked up to the house to get the ATV and here he laid. I hit one lung and heart.
View attachment 590489
Congrats

·
Registered
6,769 Posts
I've analyzed several pics of this TOAD and I'm convinced that he's past his prime (7+) and the overbight has held him back his entire life from growing the kind of antlers that get you out in the woods.
Might have to cull him this year. You can't say I didn't give him time to get it together.

View attachment 590395
Yep, the pencil neck is proof enough. Take em before he drys up and blows away - AKA disperses.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

81 - 100 of 143 Posts