Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

61 - 80 of 143 Posts

·
Banned
19,364 Posts
I'll pop in to show the 7 I got this morning. I've gotten him on camera a few times and seen him grazing down the hill while cutting the grass this summer.
I haven't been out after dropping my bow while sighting in and destroying a cam and string stop but Jay's hooked me up after 3 weeks, and my scope was still dead on after picking it up with a fresh string, so I've made it out 3 times.
After seeing 3 spooky beyond belief does yesterday morning I got set this morning and he snuck in on me at 830am at 27 yards.
He gave me a quartering towards shot and since he stood still I took it. I had a nice downward pass through obviously hit, he went maybe 25 yards and I heard him drop. I walked up to the house to get the ATV and here he laid. I hit one lung and heart.
IMG_20201020_085752960.jpg

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Giving it a go this afternoon. First time hunting a pop up for archery. Tried shooting my vertical out of one a few times in he yard and didn’t care for it, but now that I’m switching to crossbow it should be easier. Gives me an opportunity to set up off a heavy run I found on my way in the other night.

Momma gave me orders to put anything old enough to harvest down. Last season was slow and if I don’t fill a tag soon I’ll actually have to buy beef for the first time in 7 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
I'll pop in to show the 7 I got this morning. I've gotten him on camera a few times and seen him grazing down the hill while cutting the grass this summer.
I haven't been out after dropping my bow while sighting in and destroying a cam and string stop but Jay's hooked me up after 3 weeks, and my scope was still dead on after picking it up with a fresh string, so I've made it out 3 times.
After seeing 3 spooky beyond belief does yesterday morning I got set this morning and he snuck in on me at 830am at 27 yards.
He gave me a quartering towards shot and since he stood still I took it. I had a nice downward pass through obviously hit, he went maybe 25 yards and I heard him drop. I walked up to the house to get the ATV and here he laid. I hit one lung and heart.
View attachment 590489
Awesome congrats Jimbos! Beautiful looking buck. Now the fun begins with processing him. Way to go.

·
Banned
4,318 Posts
In my favorite stand on property that I've lost most of due to a sale. Remaining property is seeing more people walking action than deer. Came way out back to see what I can find in binocs. A doe and fawn a few nights and 2 tiny bucks. One 2 yo one time is it for cams since early Sept. Not expecting much but a great veiw
20201020_155214.jpg

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
View attachment 590489

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Live from the tree. Everything seems the same as the last time that i was here when I had a ton of doe activity. Hoping for some company again, although the pheasant guys at the other end of the field and the duck guys that are always in this area could change patterns for me, lol.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Premium Member
9,163 Posts
He
For all of you who have been asking the question.....Will the rut be early this year?

Well here's your proof, it's started!
Hey hey hey. That not right. I have a St. Bernard Replace that with a poodle

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Made it out late. Set the decoy up because the wind is perfect. I wasn’t in the stand for 30 seconds when I had a small 6 point not 60 yards from where I just set the decoy up. He finally saw the decoy and didn’t want any part in it. Just went back to browsing. Then I saw a bunch of commotion about 250 yards out and a definite shooter(3.5+) pushing some does around. He apparently didn’t find anything that interested him because he have up the chase and started browsing. Haven’t seen him in a few minutes now but here’s to hoping he wanders this way. Super excited to see this much activity this early in the evening though.

61 - 80 of 143 Posts