Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

21 - 40 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Out in washtenaw. Had a nice 2.5yo 9pt hang around for an hour. Saw a nice wide 10pt for a minute that im guessing is a stud 2.5yo but never got the chance to look him over. Hoping to have a fat doe or Turkey come by. Less than a week until my first out of state trip to missouri!

·
Premium Member
11,793 Posts
I have noticed since it got colder she started wearing one of my favorite cold weather sweatshirts. As long as she’s happy then I am too!
Best reason I have found to enjoy my wife wearing my stuff, besides the fact that she looks way better in it than me, is the fact that they come off a lot easier. :D

·
Premium Member
11,793 Posts
Back from Alaska now, didn't want to come back. I have never experienced such beauty. I will be back soon.

Still undecided if I am gonna hunt yet tonight. I have a lot of stuff to put away and get a few things done since I have been gone, but they will still be there when I get back from hunting.

Saw some really nice bucks on my way home from Chicago last night. One BIG one standing in a field near Paw Paw @ about 5pm without a worry in the world.

·
Premium Member
30,804 Posts
A lone antlerless deer snuck through one of my lanes before I could get a good look at it. Wondering if it was my target button Beauregard, Titan of the Timber???
I've analyzed several pics of this TOAD and I'm convinced that he's past his prime (7+) and the overbight has held him back his entire life from growing the kind of antlers that get you out in the woods.
Might have to cull him this year. You can't say I didn't give him time to get it together.

MFDC9044.JPG

·
Premium Member
30,804 Posts
View attachment 590399 It’s him!! He’s now at the end of my north lane. There’s no mistaking those glistening nubbins. Got the grunt call on the pre-pubescent setting and going to see if I can draw him in.

I'm giddy with anticipation!!!
Any chance you could go Facebook Live and take us along for the shot?!?!?!?

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
I've analyzed several pics of this TOAD and I'm convinced that he's past his prime (7+) and the overbight has held him back his entire life from growing the kind of antlers that get you out in the woods.
Might have to cull him this year. You can't say I didn't give him time to get it together.

View attachment 590395
Ha-cha-cha-cha

·
Administrator
17,522 Posts

View attachment 590395
Sorry about your luck! If he wasn't so genetically gifted, you could almost use an antlerless tag on him!
<----<<<

·
Premium Member
30,804 Posts
Don’t do that social media stuff. Too many people on there posting nonsense. Now how about you quit distracting Me as I prepare to potentially fling a bolt at Beau?

HURRY UP!

Reactions: LuckyBucks

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
4 does and these 2 little guys pushing each other around so far. View attachment 590363
2 year old 8 point just went and pushed the 2 little bucks off. 8 bucks and a dozen does so far, beautiful morning. View attachment 590381
Shooter 10 point got to 80 yards and turned and walked out of my life. Heart was starting to thump. View attachment 590397

I sure would like to film a hunt with you, you're having an action packed day!

I hope that big boy comes back to you. I think we all want to see a nice crisp picture of him.

·
Premium Member
6,566 Posts
View attachment 590401 Too many geese flying around for him to hear my calling. But in the past 5 minutes he’s come almost 35 yards closer. Here he is at 118 yards (still a full 38 yards past my max x-gun range. My heart’s beginning to race!
Good luck NS i just pulled out the grunt tube on a 8pt that walked past, realized I wanted him after I passed him. Hit it a cpl times and he ran right back to me

21 - 40 of 143 Posts