Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I head down in 4 days for a week of hunting in KY.

For 190.00 dollars I can shoot 2 deer
1 Buck
1 Antlerss
or two Antlerless

I really like this tag system, one day I hope MI can have the herd to where we can do this in the entire state.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Well I head down in 4 days for a week of hunting in KY.

For 190.00 dollars I can shoot 2 deer
1 Buck
1 Antlerss
or two Antlerless

I really like this tag system, one day I hope MI can have the herd to where we can do this in the entire state.
agree 100%....

Is KY non-resident over the counter or lottery????

·
Administrator
17,645 Posts
"KY TAG" -
That sounds like something they play in California. :D
<----<<<

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Good luck. I will be down for a week for sure in Dec. I hope to get the last couple of days of muzzle then bow. I am also going to try and make it down for a quick trip in Oct. for the early muzzleoader season.

·
Registered
15,867 Posts
The last 2 seasons, my old Michigan hunting buddy that moved to KY has shot a 16pt and a 13pt, plus a freezer full of does. At first he was leery of the one buck per year rule when he moved there. Now, he's certain it's the best thing ever. He said basically everyone he knows there now passes small bucks to kill does for the meat and they mainly look for mature bucks for the extra buck challange/meat.

·
Premium Member
4,483 Posts
This is how I currently use the combo tag here in Michigan. It works out great.

I was wondering if anyone was going to say that, that was the first thing that popped into my mind.

Plus, it costs way less to do it in Michigan.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
With the human and urban population in lower Michigan so high I see the DNR not changing and rules any time soon. I believe the insurance companies have a lot to say with this as they don't want that many deer around.

Jut my opinion but I believe it is somewhat accurate.

Paul

·
Registered
15,867 Posts
Ground, contrary to myth, insurance companies have nothing to do with deer management decisions.
Bigfoot and Elvis planning the 9-11 attack has more truth than insurance companies pulling the strings of MDNR. ;)

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
shootI got the same deal for illinois but it was 400 for the tag. and another 75 or so for the habitat stamp and the general hunting license.

Buuuuttttt.... I do have 80 acres of land that the owner does not hunt surrounded by a half mile each direction of federally protected "can not be hunted land"

So maybe it might just work out in my favor this year

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Ground, contrary to myth, insurance companies have nothing to do with deer management decisions.
Bigfoot and Elvis planning the 9-11 attack has more truth than insurance companies pulling the strings of MDNR. ;)

I understand where your coming from, I just think maybe the total number of car deer accidents might be a silent justification as to this early doe hunt??? Does anyone know why this doe hunt is taking place then???

Just wondering.

PineFarm do you know?

Paul

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I understand where your coming from, I just think maybe the total number of car deer accidents might be a silent justification as to this early doe hunt??? Does anyone know why this doe hunt is taking place then???

Just wondering.

PineFarm do you know?

Paul
Because our deer population is just too high. Plain and simple.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
I suggest researching lobbying efforts (and expenditures) of this industry before making a blanket statement like that.

I find it really entertaining when posters like to brag up other states' license systems, but they continue to live here. The definition of insanity is . . . oh, nevermind.
Dan

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I suggest researching lobbying efforts (and expenditures) of this industry before making a blanket statement like that.

I find it really entertaining when posters like to brag up other states' license systems, but they continue to live here. The definition of insanity is . . . oh, nevermind.
Dan
Who's bragging, I said I liked it:lol:
It gives a hunter ability to shoot two deer;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts