Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke the end off my shimano steelhead rod this spring on my annual UP trip. Left it in the back of the truck and it rubbed the graphite off towards the end of the rod. Of course, it snapped the next time I tried to use it. Pure carelessness on my part.

I emailed them and asked if I could purchase a new end piece (it is a 2 piece). They emailed back and said to send it in to be reviewed under their warrantee replacement program. I replied that I broke it by being careless and wouldnt expect them to replace it, as it was completely my fault.

Aghain, they insisted I send it in.

I just got an entire new rod in the mail. Still in plastic wrap. My rod was 3 years old! It only cost me $12 to ship it to CA.

I never expected them to replace it for free. It was the first shimano rod I bought, and it certainly won't be the last!

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,426 Posts
One less guy to wonder why I have at least 6 of them leaning in the corner behind me.....
:lol: ;)

Good folks I would say!

·
Registered
777 Posts
This is a fine example of excellent customer service!

One thing to note... Shimano now runs an over the counter life-time warranty on some of their rods. It doesn't get any better than this. Just remember to keep your receipt and the retailers that carry their rods will honor the warranty. Again, great customer service from Shimano.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My rod was at least a couple of years old - I had no receipt and actually couldnt remember exactly where I got it.

They never asked for a receipt either.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Excellant. :coolgleam

I actually had a salesman at BPS tell me the reason he does not buy BPS rods is the other makers have better warranties.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts