Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm always searching for a healthy ways to cook fish that I catch. So I made this Korean fish soup with bluegill fillets. Simple. I used what I had available so it's not exactly like this guy's recipe . It's got fresh ginger, bluegills, kimchi from Napa cabbage from jar,water, salt, red pepper, jalapeno pepper, poblano pepper. Going to make it again with walleye next time. Here is the link. It's lengthy because he catches bluegills first!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

· Super Moderator
8,019 Posts
I only eat Merican recipes like catfish or Blue pike fried in bald eagle milk.

That looks like good eats though... :sneaky:

All joking aside, I have enjoyed making Korean '7grain mix' with rice pilaf lately. You can often find the 7 grain mix at asian grocery stores.

· Premium Member
12,630 Posts
A friend of mines wife was Korean. Her mom always wanted our walleye heads to make fish head soup. Thought it was strange until I had some, all those head meat and cheeks made it delicious. Yours looks yummy also, nice change of pace
One of my wife's friends daughters went to an island near Thailand working for a charity to help teach English to the natives. She walked with the father of the group hosting her to town which took about 4 hours where he bought a fish that she estimated at about 5 pounds. When they got back she was amazed and a little dubious when he cleaned the fish. He threw almost NOTHING away. Eyeballs, head, fins as well as most of the intestines were used. It sounded horrible but she survived. It must not have bothered her as she married a guy from there and I believe is still there.

It is just all in what we are used to. Having said that I will stick to the better parts of perch and walleyes.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

· Registered
5,011 Posts
So my cousin is an apartment maintenance manager at a complex in Wixom. During one of the Polar Vortex winters he called me after the big thaw. He said it’s mostly orientals that live there. I guess there’s a pond there that was frozen solid. He was driving past the pond and said there was a group of women with sticks and buckets. He went over there and these women were grabbing these bloated ass disintegrating dead bluegill and whatever else were in there. He said it smelled like death X10. They kept saying eat eat while gesturing with their hands to their mouths cause they didn’t speak English. He had to shut it all down lol. Took their buckets and sticks. Can’t imagine the things they have eaten in life if they would eat some bloated, slimy, fuzzy, nastiness. I’d eat a fresh dog before that lol.

· Premium Member
12,630 Posts
So my cousin is an apartment maintenance manager at a complex in Wixom. During one of the Polar Vortex winters he called me after the big thaw. He said it’s mostly orientals that live there. I guess there’s a pond there that was frozen solid. He was driving past the pond and said there was a group of women with sticks and buckets. He went over there and these women were grabbing these bloated ass disintegrating dead bluegill and whatever else were in there. He said it smelled like death X10. They kept saying eat eat while gesturing with their hands to their mouths cause they didn’t speak English. He had to shut it all down lol. Took their buckets and sticks. Can’t imagine the things they have eaten in life if they would eat some bloated, slimy, fuzzy, nastiness. I’d eat a fresh dog before that lol.
Lots of strange things in other cultures. Koreans were known to fertilize their gardens or rice paddies with human excrement. Sure doesn't sound like "fine cuisine" to me.:eek::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Papa Liver
1 - 10 of 10 Posts