Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll make this short. I have introduced 4 good people to Waterfowling this year, and two of them to this site. The two (father & son) that have joined our M-S group, have been absolutely spooked off, as a result of the agressive and down-right nasty dialog on here.

You can take it for what it's worth - this aint what the site was intended to be!

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
This site is, and always will be the best, keeping it the best is whats going on as we speak......just a slight transition period. No reason to be scared off, just individuals voicing there opinions. ........:)

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Sorry for the dad/son reaction...most of us are just havin' some fun in this no job, no money economy.

Some have yelled at me too, some hate me I'm sure, but most I could call my "invisible cyber friends"

Invite them back and tell them to be selective which threads to open.

Tell them to avoid anything with: Cyberscouting, Youth Hunt, Spots, Waterswatting, Sky Busting and Coots

·
Banned
5,597 Posts
So basically we can't disagree and debate anything? We all have to hold hands and sing kuuummmbbaaaayyyaaaa. Tell your buddies to toughen up. If they see a thread and open it up, don't like it. Close it. Its that simple. Like waxico said, most people on here that debate don't hate eachother. In fact a lot are friends. Its a difference of opinion, that's all.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I agree with Ieatantlers, tell them to toughen up....if they don't like a thread, don't read it.

There is a lot of good stuff on here, a lot of good folks who are willing to share and teach less experienced hunters, share their methods, and even GIVE equipment to those who are just starting out!

The right to have your own opinion and to be able to debate that opinion are what make this site and God Blessed USA GREAT!

Tell them to come back, have an open mind and take the good and disregard the bad!

·
Premium Member
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So basically we can't disagree and debate anything? We all have to hold hands and sing kuuummmbbaaaayyyaaaa. Tell your buddies to toughen up. If they see a thread and open it up, don't like it. Close it. Its that simple. Like waxico said, most people on here that debate don't hate eachother. In fact a lot are friends. Its a difference of opinion, that's all.
Deleted what I just wrote... You don't get it.

·
Registered
11,744 Posts
I'll make this short. I have introduced 4 good people to Waterfowling this year, and two of them to this site. The two (father & son) that have joined our M-S group, have been absolutely spooked off, as a result of the agressive and down-right nasty dialog on here.

You can take it for what it's worth - this aint what the site was intended to be!
i'm not trying to be a d*ck here. But there is nothing worse than a whine about a whiner. If i think a thread is no good, then i don't read it or move on after i read it. EVERYONE here has that option. If i had to conform to and worry about how i might offend 1 person out there, then i'll stop reading and using this forum. Seriously, if your friends are having issues, make a post about the specific incident....but general call out saying nasty and aggressive dialog???? comon. I been a member on here for almost 10 years and this years seasonal banter is no different than any other year.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Antlers its post just like this that the guy is talking about, ive read enough of your posts to know that your attitude is belittling and aggressive. Do you want to talk duck hunting or do you just want to degrade people on here. Get a clue guy!!!!

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Antlers its post just like this that the guy is talking about, ive read enough of your posts to know that your attitude is belittling and aggressive. Do you want to talk duck hunting or do you just want to degrade people on here. Get a clue guy!!!!
Every village must have an idiot, C&Q...:lol:

·
Registered
7,774 Posts
Every village must have an idiot, C&Q...:lol:
Yes, I'm breaking one of Brant's sticky rules.

But what value have you ever provided? Have you ever posted pics of ducks? Do you even duck hunt?

Enlighten us on your vast contributinos to the site since I've only seen 2 types of posts from you.

1) Patting your buddies TheDude and D-Fresh on the back for pics.

2) Slamming other people.

Mostly just slamming people.

Nice, great job.

·
Premium Member
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don't mistake a factual observation for whining. Consider this, You flip to a TV channel and watch a few minutes of a show, or open a magazine and skim a few articles. Most will have made up their minds about how much they like it based upon initial reaction.

So, I will take some of the advice given and try to get them back to visiting the site. I'll warn that it will be an almost certainty that posts from select people will be offensive and worthless.

I've got thick skin guys. Anyone that knows me will tell you. The BS doesn't penetrate. I do what was suggested, I don't read the stupid crap, unless it's accidental. However, the two particular guys that I am speaking of, didn't expect to be entering a battle zone. They are reading every single thread, to gain insight on a sport in which they are very new and fell in love with. I probably should have better prepared them.

They are fine with simply not logging on. No big deal. However, I think there is way too much good on this site, and hate to see them miss out on it.

I'm done now. Some get it. Some don't.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I think it has definitely been worse this year as far as people getting flamed and threads getting off-topic and out-of-hand.

It is generally the same 4-5 people that go off on every thread that mentions a location where some ducks were seen or shot. The funny thing about it is that they reply to those threads with their rant on naming locations, which then causes an argument, which in turn generates more replies and more views. If they would have just left the thread alone most of them would probably fall off the front page within a day or two, and a lot fewer people would have seen the information that they are so concerned about. :dizzy:

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
i'm not trying to be a d*ck here. But there is nothing worse than a whine about a whiner. If i think a thread is no good, then i don't read it or move on after i read it. EVERYONE here has that option. If i had to conform to and worry about how i might offend 1 person out there, then i'll stop reading and using this forum. Seriously, if your friends are having issues, make a post about the specific incident....but general call out saying nasty and aggressive dialog???? comon. I been a member on here for almost 10 years and this years seasonal banter is no different than any other year.
+1

there's a lot of dumb stuff posted here and a lot of smart stuff. If you're too sensitive to be wrong once in a while, then you'll have a hard time anywhere, not just here.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life"

Not that i have a problem with fat and drunk though.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts

But what value have you ever provided? Have you ever posted pics of ducks? Do you even duck hunt?

Enlighten us on your vast contributinos to the site since I've only seen 2 types of posts from you.

Nice, great job.
i only post pics from canada.
don't want to give away any locations you know. i'd hate to start another moderator wannabe repost-athon of regurgitated forum rules because someone recognizes an oak tree in the background that's 200 miles away from anywhere they might go.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts

Nice, great job.

Caddis, you and your band of merry men are annoying at best. Your arrogance and pontification drive most to avoid posting here. I'm not even going to dignify your questions with a response as that would be feeling the need to defend myself to someone as far beneath me as you are. The people I DO speak to in this particular forum are of no consequence to you. That is all. Now go back to congratulating yourself, Kittycat.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I think we can agree to disagree. It’s a forum we get it! If you have an opinion that's great. I think how you write a response describes a lot about your character and who you are.
I've said it before and I will say it again.... The duck forum is by far the worst for bashing others. Most Waterfowlers claim to have been there and done that and know more than the next guy. I too at times am guilty as well.

Think before your respond that's all the guy was asking

·
Registered
329 Posts
:yeahthat: +2

If they can't handle this site, tell them to NEVER go to the NoDak site. They'll probably run for cover and cry!

·
Premium Member
18,470 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I've been around here for almost nine years and I've seen it all. We've got a LOT of good helpful people on this site. But sadly there are a few jerks too. Let your friends know about the ignore function. I never used to use it but a while ago I too got fed up and just about completely gave up on this place and quit visiting. I decided to add some problem members to my ignore list and happily the problem has gone away. I try to get along with everyone but there are some here that just couldn't let things be and took every chance possible to get in my face so I just put them on ignore and I don't have to deal with them anymore. Problem solved!

Take care

John

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.