Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about having a knife made . I have antlers I would like to use for handles . they are really cool its a spike about 5" long with a 1" sticker coming out from the base. any info appreciated.

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
If you want to make the knife yourself you can often pick up everything necessary at gun shows. I do remember that at one time the guy's selling the supplies would also make a knife for the customer.

·
Registered
6,610 Posts
alex-v said:
If you want to make the knife yourself you can often pick up everything necessary at gun shows. I do remember that at one time the guy's selling the supplies would also make a knife for the customer.
Jantz knife supply. They have the kits and you can make your own handle material. I have some I am having done with elk and mule deer antlers. Try a search for knife making products also.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Check this site out http://knifenetwork.com/forum/index.php? Some of the countries greatest bladesmiths hang out there..They have plenty of knives for sale..they have forums where you can ask any question and it will be answered by guys who make their living from making custom knives...Check out the "newbies Arena" for questions about knife making...also check out the "display Case" for knives for sale..

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Try sending a PM to Bonz 54, from rite here on M-S members list. He makes a VERY nice knife and I'm sure He'd be happy use Your antlers. Bob

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
go to "bladeforums.com" its a site for knife makers. very helpful bunch and will answer all your questions. someone may even volunteer to make a blade up for you and mount it.
be carefull though,,,, you may end up with a new hobby of knife making. lol

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
The Nailer said:
I don't think they will be of help anymore as I hear since they were purchased the knives are now made in China.

However, a couple of their ex-employees opened their own shop in Rapid River, MI and build great knives. Check them out at www.wolverineknifeworks.com
The guys at Wolverine/Rapid River Knives are great. I am positive they will use your antler if you want.

Best knives on the market today.;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts