Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kitty kitty - I finally have proof we have all been looking for ;-)

ferg....
More info as soon as I can confirm

:)

Cant seem to get the photo into the post sorry

·
Registered
26,599 Posts
I saw that about a year ago. I think from Washington, with dogs, I believe. BIIIIIGGG CAT!

I found the info on another site:

That is JJ Hack and he took the lion. He was using a 30-06 with a 165 gr. bullet. He took it near his home in North Bend, WA. Here is some of what he said:

"Here is a photo of a lion we took Sunday Morning. We did not use hounds. We tracked him in the snow until we were exhausted and then used a predator call to turn him around and get him to come back to us. It works once in a while. I have done it 18 times now. I never expected it to result in a lion this big!

The lion weighs about 200 pounds . Just for a reference in the photo. I'm 5'10" tall and 175 pounds. The lion makes me look much smaller then he is! The stomach was empty as well. A Lion with a full belly could have as much as 30 pounds or more in his belly. I have filled a 5 gallon pail with elk meat from a lion stomach which was much smaller then this one, last year."

JJ Hack
Dec. 24, 2002

·
Registered
648 Posts
I have never met JJ but frequently read his posts on another outdoor board that is now defunct. He doesn't live to far from me, but I thought it was a little farther than the town that is mentioned. One of the things he specialize in using beetles to clean skulls. He is also does some hunting as a PH in South Africa. And yes you are not allowed to use dogs for cats or bears here in Washington. As a result, you have $39.00 for deer or elk plus $5.00 for 2 bear tags and 5.00 for a cat tag and if you get a second tag for either animal it is 10.95. But if your an out of stater a liscense plus a deer/elk tag will be 400.00 plus another plus 50 more for a couger or bear tag with an additional 100 or so for your second tag.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts