Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

kisser button question

10K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  Fred Bear 
#1 ·
I am wondering about your guys kisser button placement on the string. A professional archer told me that your kisser button should be no more than a inch to inch and a half above your nock point. If mine is down that low it brings my whole site bracket down so low that it is at the bottom of its travel. I was wondering where other archers have there kisser. I shoot a string loop with a 28 inch draw on a Mathews legacy. with a tru ball tornado release.
I am thinking of moving my kisser up to a more comfortable level. This might even take it off the serving as it is very close to that now. Is this a bad thing? Where is your kisser on the string?

#2 ·
Fred, I guess it all depends on where you anchor. I know mine is way up the serving as I anchor my release down on my neck. I actually put my chin on the vein of the arrow. Others anchor their release or fingers at the corner of the their mouths, bringing their kisser down. I quess wherever you are comfortable. Are you thinking of changing mid season?

#3 ·
I sure dont want to change mid season but.......... The rut is comming up and I could shoot all day because I'm on vacation. I dunno. I just never really liked where my kisser is. And now my flechings hit my face mask real hard. I just dont like where it is at.

#7 ·
To set mine up I closed my eyes and drew back acouple times. When I got to where I like my ancor I had a buddy mark it and thats where I put it. The Guys at PSE showed me that trick.

#9 ·
Everyones facial features are different. I beg to differ woth the "Pro Acher" here on this. The way to figure where oput your kisser is...

Draw your bow and anchor where it feels perfect. Have a friend mark the spot on the string where it meets the corner of your mouth and put the kisser there.
The kisser moves to fit your anchor not the other way around.

#15 ·
It's a "frisbie shaped" small disk you line up with the corner of your lips (hence the term kisser button), to make sure your face is always in the same spot in-relation to the peep-sight.

Unessessary, but a good tool for beginners or people who shoot in different positions frequently.

As I noted above, you can just use the "string" to line this up. Especially those who have been shooting for a long time don't need it because they are so used to shooting in the same position, for a very long time.

#16 ·
Fred
When i purchased my new toy they had it set to low for me also.
Well i shot it that way a few times but the serving got loose so when they reserved it they started the serving higher on the string for me.
I do not use a peep sight but i do use the kisser.

#19 ·
i set the bows up at the shop the way whitetail talked about. you close your eyes draw the bow back letting muscle memory take over. mark you spot, or move the kisser and peep then open your eyes. you should be able to draw your bow back with your eyes closed and come to the spot where your kisser is right in the corner of your mouth and the peep is linned up. if you have to move your head at all adjust the peep or kisser button.
when that big buck comes in the last thing you want to have to do is adjust your anchor point to fit your kisser or peep.

we have done this for years now and i am glad to see other shops doing the same thing. i don't feel so stupid now.

#20 ·
I wouldnt say they are for beginers. I would just say a kisser is a matter of preference.
I didnt move mine but after season I was thinking about setting up a little different.
I can shoot without a kisser but I find it helpfull to line up my sight picture faster and more consistant. I use a small one tied on so not much weight is added to the string.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.