Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
9,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend talked to guide and he said that people are getting them.Sounds kinda strange but with the weather who knows.I`ll try and get a little more detail tommorow

·
Registered
627 Posts
hmmm could be a few skeleton kings swimming around but my guess is cohos. They tend to run a bit later in the pm and Im sure there are a few redds with fish on them around.

·
Registered
607 Posts
They are seing quite a few late cohos in the PM. I have heard stories in the past about pretty decent(shape wise) kings and cohos caught in the Big Man in January.

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
Kings have been seen and caught in the Big M and the Betsie. There not in fishable numbers though. I have heard from several buddies that have been steelheading have seen at least one a trip pulled out including a 25 lb chrome hen and a 26 lb male with a tint of silver. It would be sweet to catch one of them right now while steelheading. I'll take a crack at it a few times in the weeks ahead:)

·
Banned
9,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Steelheadfred said:
Pete is a Betsie River Guide, you have your rivers mixed up. Yes there are rumors that last week to 10 days ago a fresh push of "green kings" came in the B.
Nope I dont have then mixed up Pete guides on the manitsee also and was on the manistee this catching kings the day before yesterday.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
A few years ago the DNR planted a different strain of cohos, called hinchenbroke, they run later than the others, perhaps thats what they are.

·
Banned
9,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Steelheadfred said:
WELL you said on the PM? in the thread topic.....
Sheesh I did get mixed up,My mistake sorry about that.I meant the Manistee but the guide also did say they have been getting some cohos in the pm also

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Steelheadfred said:
Pete is a Betsie River Guide, you have your rivers mixed up. Yes there are rumors that last week to 10 days ago a fresh push of "green kings" came in the B.
how come this wasn't posted on the reports???:rant: I've been ripped!:mad: :rant:

J/king of course.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I posted on a king I saw caught at Tippy on 12-28... There's a few around... I wouldn't bother targeting them but it would be a pleasant surprise if you hooked up with one.

Zob

·
Banned
9,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
UBDSLO1 said:
how come this wasn't posted on the reports???:rant: I've been ripped!:mad: :rant:

J/king of course.
Maybe if you change what it says on your location people might help you with them.:tdo12:

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
:lol: :D :D

Well, it used to be, "With your wife" and "In your basement." On other forums, I have different ones too. I thought that "Snagging your fish" sounded pretty good, maybe I should change it to, "In your treestand.":evil: :D j/king of course.

·
Banned
2,140 Posts
Hey watch what you say about.....SNAGGING.....I resemble that remark:lol: :lol:

·
Banned
10,217 Posts
Its no big deal. It seems every year or two, a good group of silver kings come in with some of the fresh steelies. It happens from the Joe to the pm. Its not that rare!;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts