Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure that i don't catch as many fish as a lot of you, But i do usually get a few every trip.
Every King that i catch is a female 12# to 18#, where the heck are the Males ??, just curious.

Kevin

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I am sure that i don't catch as many fish as a lot of you, But i do usually get a few every trip.
Every King that i catch is a female 12# to 18#, where the heck are the Males ??, just curious.

Kevin
How many have you caught and have they all been in the same time period? (like within a week or so) and where are you fishing (just general area/nearest town).

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How many have you caught and have they all been in the same time period? (like within a week or so) and where are you fishing (just general area/nearest town).

it has been over about a 6 week period, just guessing i have caught about 20 all females, out of ST Joe or South Haven.

Kevin

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
it has been over about a 6 week period, just guessing i have caught about 20 all females, out of ST Joe or South Haven.

Kevin
Idk.. maybe a spur of bad/good luck? Depending how you look at it. I was thinking maybe you were catching females getting ready to go up the river. 2 Weekends ago they were starting to catch kings in the Manistee River.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Idk.. maybe a spur of bad/good luck? Depending how you look at it. I was thinking maybe you were catching females getting ready to go up the river. 2 Weekends ago they were starting to catch kings in the Manistee River.

Ya, if it was up there i would understand it more, the Salmon will start moving into the Pere Marquette soon too.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
are you checing all the fish to make sure they have eggs? also it could just be a school of mostly females

They all had Eggs, and it was over about a 6 week period. and out of 2 different ports.
I finally caught a male today,

Kevin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts