Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can kids under the age of 17 fish by themselves without being accompanied by an adult with a license?

I always thought they could. I did it. This stems from a discussion my dad had with someone who says that when he was a kid, a park ranger made him dump his fish back in the water.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
14,424 Posts
Yes they can fish by themselves.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
[/QUOTE]
Can kids under the age of 17 fish by themselves without being accompanied by an adult with a license?

I always thought they could. I did it. This stems from a discussion my dad had with someone who says that when he was a kid, a park ranger made him dump his fish back in the water.

Thanks.
Id never got to go if I needed an adult.
The ranger mentioned was on an ego trip/discretionary power. Ill bet he felt good after that.
I only got hooked once by another buddys hook when we fished together.

·
Registered
4,442 Posts

Thanks.
Kids have always been able to fish alone. This part sounds a lot like the ranger cutting a kid some slack for undersized or out of season fish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts