Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For us "Goose Obsessed ", ...I couldn't help but focus in on the geese in the background! All I heard was "blah, blah..., blah, blah, blah" as my mind was registering #'s, time of day, flight direction, wondering if they were heading towards Manchester... :p

it's just a flat out sickness!! :D

·
Registered
617 Posts
knew I wasn't the only one that saw those geese and wondered

I was surprised no one said hey check out the geese.

I used to get in trouble back when my son played football, I was supposed to be video taping the game but could never resist taping the 40-50 geese landing in the retention pond next to the football field. It usually got a lot of comments as the coaches and players viewed the game tapes the following days

·
Premium Member
5,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's great! Now I know I'm not alone!

you reminded me of my trip to the Detroit Zoo 3-4 years ago when I was "checking out" SE michigan and the new job prospect. Showed me this "great zoo" and I was suppose to be video taping the significant other enjoying the zoo when I noticed something in view finder, way off in the background.

So as she's blabbing away about something, pointing at god knows what... I'm zooming in on this Canada with a Frick'n Neck Collar!! it still looked "odd" to me so I start walking towards it... solely focused on this one goose. Turns out it had a radio transmitter collar!!

Next thing I hear "something or someone you like BETTER over here?"!!! yup, Busted!!

Stace, can you believe there's a canada goose, with a radio transmitter here... in the frickin' detroit zoo?

I guess her response :)mad: :eek: ) summed it up for me. (later I got the "all you care about..." lecture.) - somedays, I miss her. ;)

Kidding of course! (I'd get the frying pan if she saw this message!)

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
My wife no longer allows me to drive. Not joking. She gets really pissed if I look at any roadside pond, cut corn field or whatever. There is nothing I can do about it. It is automatic. So I don't drive when she is in the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts