Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any guesses?i have separate controls for a 9.9 pro kicker/power tilt...put the engine in hoziozontal position after trolling awhile...raced across bay to another spot..tried to lower kicker...no power..no reaction...after a bit of inspection tried the key..no power, not an inkling of trying to turn over...checked battery connections..they are all good .checked fuseable link..its fine..even put in nu fuse just to be sure....battery is fully charged...figure problem lies from battery back to throttle/key controls..any ideas?

· Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes lanyard is cool

· Registered
448 Posts
make sure the 'latch handle' to engage in gear is released - I know my captains chair bumps into this once in a while, same issue.

Too, do you have a master power switch/rocker - this must be on for kicker operation too.....

· Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
would you believe starter solanoid? naturally, off warranty(controls,throttle box etc..anything not part of actual motor) after a year, its 16 months old(engine good for 5 years)..lol..and would you believe no one has one in stock in metro area?...so we are down til wednesday noon! thanks for all the responses..catch some fish ..while i sharpen hooks and straighten tackle boxes!:sad://////................SOMEBODY "HURT ME BAD"if i ever buy another merc!:yikes:...sheesh should have never got rid of the cresty:dizzy:..just pays to have at least 2 boats!:idea:

· Registered
9,230 Posts
i had a set up like that, one year it was starter selonoid,,,the next the starter relay, back and forth every year,,,,,and if it wasn't that it was the ignition lock

· Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i had a set up like that, one year it was starter selonoid,,,the next the starter relay, back and forth every year,,,,,and if it wasn't that it was the ignition lock
gee john:sad: that sure encourages me to look at a new boat and a second boat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.