Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any suggestions of a real good kick mount? I have a new trophy 1902 and would like to mount a 15 hp 4-stroke honda motor as a kicker and need some info about a real good kicker bracket that is very sturdy.:confused: Thanks!!

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
I second the Panther mount. That thing is as solid as a kicker bracket comes. Ecspecially if you put the 2" wide stabilizer strap on. The strap stays on all the time and tightens up when you lift the motor. It takes the minute amount of play that the mount has out of the equation while your running. Operation is simple... The Panther lifts your motor with the push of a button....Theyre sweet....If you break one of those, youve accomplished something.;)

Panthers are really easy to mount. They make a couple styles, so make sure you get the right one. They have a model that fits over the rear of a transom, for a boat like a lund, and a model that mounts flush to the back of the transom with 4 bolts. The second is what i have on my boat, and is probably the mount you need. Depending on the angle of the transom on your boat you may need a shim kit. I backed my mount with a 1/4" thick aluminum plate that was the same size as base on the mount, but ive seen them backed with heavy fender washers with no problems at all. You could also use 1" wide aluminum flat stock and go from hole to hole if there are things in the way...Hydrolic pumps, fuel filters, battery switches etc...

Good luck with your purchase.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts