Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get a kicker for a 17' Lund fisherman. I already have a 15 hp short shaft and a 6 horse short shaft. Its my fathers boat but he only uses it for 3 months out of the year (june, July, and August) The other nine months I am gonna take it. Looking for recommendation on mounting the short shaft if it will work or picking up a long shaft (anyone selling one?). Also need to get a bow mount electric, any recommendations as far as #'s of thrust and length?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Ryan,
I use a 6hp Evinrude short shaft mounted on a heavy duty Fulton bracket to lower and raise it.
Couldn't mount it on the transom due to shape and cut out.
It's been working fine for 11 years now for jigging and handlining.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I have a 9.9hp Yamaha long shaft if you are interested. Runs great. PM me if you are interested.
Mark

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a 17.75 Lund pro-V and I put a Murcury Big Foot 9.9hp 4-stroke on mine and it was the best investment I have made. I can troll all day for walleyes or salmon and the gas gage doesnt seem to move at all.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I have a 1984 johnson 8 horse I'm getting rid of. Shaft is 18 inches. PM if interested or you want to see it.:coolgleam

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
The Fulton bracket works great especially if you have short shaft. I have a buddy that uses his 15 hp kicker on a hydro plane. He adds the extension for trolling and removes it for use on the hydro. Ittakes about twenty minutes to swap out. The cost for the extension was about $100.00 twenty years back.

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
I use a 15 h.p. Mariner short shaft on my 17'8" Princecraft. Works well. Two guys sitting in the back keeps the prop in the water most of the time.

·
Registered
7,631 Posts
I have a 5hp short shaft Yammie with a fulton bracket raise and lower the motor because mounted on the transom the short shaft would not reach and the bracket works great.. Cya Slick

·
Registered
628 Posts
I too am looking for a 8-20 hp kicker. It's been an awesome year, first my gear gets stolen then my Johnson kicker gets swiped on the other boat. I am in desperate need for a motor, any one have one for sale? Can't afford new one, was there today. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
i have a 1997 6 hp evinrude longshaft for sale,asking $400.00 for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts