Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just looking for any reports out of Kent Lake. Want to head out to the Metropark this weekend and give it a go. If anyone has rig suggestions please share. I've done okay with Texas Rigged Power Worms for bass and Trolling Daredevil has gotten a few pike. Also I know the weeds choke the lake in the summer, does anyone have luck fishing in the thick stuff?

Thanks!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Weeds were either killed recently.or.regressed due to the heat cuz it's pretty clear. Caught a ton of small largemouth and pike this past weekend mid day in the hot sun on crank baits. Was too windy to fish soft plastics. Lemme know how u do.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks danka,

I fished it Saturday 7/18 from about 7a-10a was able to pull 2 largemouth out. One trolling a Daredevil and one on a wacky rig. I noticed how clear it was as well, made navigating with the trolling motor much easier. Also caught some big rock bass on the wacky rig for whatever that is worth. May try again this weekend.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah and if you run a electric trolling motor make sure the battery is fully charged... It's a loonnngggg row back

1 - 7 of 7 Posts