Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out fishing on Saturday and had so much luck that I took the wife and dog out on Sunday morning.

Senkos ruled the day, again! If you don't have a bunch of these in your box you're missing out on one of the best pieces of plastic ever made.

Between the two days we caught about 20 large mouths (one 4 pound "lunker" the rest were 12 - 15 inches) and three pike. Two of the pike were keepers and were thrown back to grow up some more. The third pike was too big to get out of the water (no net and 6 lb test) and I had to cut him loose next to the boat. Easily the biggest Northern I've ever had on.

Green Senkos with No. 2 Circle hooks, slow dragged across the tops of the weeds. If you drew a line from the Ferry Launch to the Beach to the north and fished inside of that, you would be in the same spot we were. I would just suggest drifting (wind permitting) from the top of the cove towards the shore.

Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went back out on Saturday and Sunday. If you look at the enlarged map, you will see a light area of shallower water. I fished just off the inside edge of that back and forth both days and caught a ton of fish.

5" Tan Senkos with yellow tips, wacky style on black #1 Octopus circle hooks.

Never under estimate the fish finding power of a redneck with a can of Skoal and a fishing pole. :)

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Chousse said:
Went out fishing on Saturday and had so much luck that I took the wife and dog out on Sunday morning.

How did the dog do?:fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I've never fished Kent Lake. It looks like it has a lot of potential but I just haven't done it.

I will now!;)

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
yes Due..and look for a monster pike with a blue/green lil scooter either digested or hanging from its face..wench(my wife) lost what was the biggest body..(outside of some swimmers at the beach)i've seen at kent monday morning..rough guess from what i could see in the 15 lb range..easily pressing 38 inches or better...bass were fine..walleyes were hiding....

·
Super Moderator
3,766 Posts
I like how you talked about senkos. I was tellin my friend today how he needs to pick up senkos. I was usin a knock off and it just dont compare. I know how most things if you get a knock off it will work just as good. not when it comes to the Senko. I need to pick up some more.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i've used senko's before and caught some fish and use el'cheapo's and i have caught some fish... imo, straight-tails worms are all the same because they do the same thing.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Duck-Hunter said:
I was usin a knock off and it just dont compare. I know how most things if you get a knock off it will work just as good. not when it comes to the Senko. I need to pick up some more.
I've found that YUM brand works well too.

They're a tad cheaper and seem to work well.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
I like the yum dingers a lot! Some days the fish bite them better than senkos.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
you can rig a senko texas style or my favorite wacky. Wacky is when you just stick the hook right through the middle of the worm and fish it that way.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No sinkers needed. You can cast these a long way without the weight. If you were to add weight it would take away from the drifting effect of the worm.

·
Registered
809 Posts
gotta go with the yamamoto senkos kind of pricey but,the action way out ways the price.the colors i like, baby bass,watermelon with some flake but they have tons more colores.A 3/0 gamagaksu ewg hook,texas riged and some floro. line,hold on. yum dingers are alright but,i would give a few more pennies for the yamamotos.k&d here in waterford have every color then some.:coolgleam

1 - 20 of 20 Posts