Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys and gals,need some info on the launch at kent lake.can i get a tournament walleye boat in it? i know a daily park pass is 4$ what is the launch fee? i know also that it is a no wake lake that is why i want to go there,i am trying to get some video work done,and it is much easier when you don't have boats flying by.thank's

·
Registered
901 Posts
The launch fee is 4 for the truck and 4 for the boat
I've launched my Alumcraft 185 TS there. It's shallow but you shouldn't have a problem.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
It's not a "no wake" lake, but there's supposed to be a 10 mph speed limit -- which their own "Island Queen" passenger boat does not seem to observe.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
It's not a "no wake" lake, but there's supposed to be a 10 mph speed limit -- which their own "Island Queen" passenger boat does not seem to observe.
no kidding! a couple weeks ago the Island Queen was flying. Thought maybe they were on some emergency run.... nope, just cruising through the fishing boats... going at least 25 mph.

also note that there are two perfectly good launches. visit the metroparks website for a map.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
FYI, I was out on Kent a week ago & you can't go under the I-96 bridge to get to the other side of the lake due to construction of the bridge.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
You can luanch it there just watch for the stumps and keep your motor up if its shallow when i had a tournament their my boater hit a couple stumps luckily nothing was damaged.

·
Registered
27 Posts
ive been to the park a few times but i nver fished there and i might be going in a few days...any good areas to fish. thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
ive been to the park a few times but i nver fished there and i might be going in a few days...any good areas to fish. thanks in advance
For bass I like the SW side of the lake that's on the other side of the freeway. The only problem with that area is that it's currently blocked off due to bridge construction. Another good spot for bass is the little bay across from the swim/water slide area.

For walleye try the old river channel edges between the East launch & I-96 bridge. The past couple of weeks I've picked up some accidental crappie (10" - 12") in that area.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts