Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about the other ones? Anyone have other places to get them? Size suggestions?

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
there are 3-4 different ones. jacks,marks,andy's ,arts best, best tackle . marks and jacks are more angular and bent . the russians are usually hammered willowleaf blades slightly bent. go to lakeside and have someone show you . i was there yesterday and they had a huge selection.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Two weekends ago when I was at Cabela's, they had all their $2.79 Jack spoons on sale for $0.99 . Don't know what ehy may have left, but if you are over there, take a look.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
i posted a pic of the smiley face in the gallery.it is a russian hook .

·
Registered
865 Posts
I bought a handful of these when they were on sale @ Cabela's, but I'm doing something wrong cause I dan't get even a bite fishing them. The instruction specifically say not to jig them, but lift them up, but I must not have the right rhythm, any suggestions on how to fish them?

thanks,

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
they are made for a hot bite, not to draw sluggish fish in.the reason for the bead is to shake fish off without using your hands. they have too much flash for a subtle presentation.use them in murky water as a draw to your other live bait presentation until your graph shows a school that is biting well.then fish them in a rip/ flutter manner on a 6-12 inch lift.then hold them still for a couple seconds.
the russians have a less pronounced bend and work better as a subtle sliding minnow immitation.try them first.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Double trouble could you tell me how to see a picture of the smiley face. I have been wanting to see what they look like. thank you Sam

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thank you i have a bunch of differant ones but not that one. My best colors are firetiger , wonderbread .redbottomwhitetop. Marks lures also had Ficious paint me some that i havent tried yet. Maybe see you out fishin good luck sam

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
out at the raft last week I was using a kens hook made on a number three willow leaf blade. The whole jig is about 2 inches long. During the afternoon the flash attracted the sunnies and they'd hit the plain leg jigs with wax worms. At about dusk they started hitting the russion hook packed with maggots.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts