Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My big problem on Sunday was that the wigglers in my container were freezing up. I've heard that a little cooking oil in the water will prevent it from freezing...same with a minnow bucket. Any ideas guys???

·
Premium Member
10,805 Posts
I've found that putting them in with the minnows took care of the "freezing" problem for me. I put them in a bigger (1 lb.) bulk "deli" tupperware style container. I put holes in that container to allow water to flow thru it. My minnow bucket is a larger styrofoam one.

·
Super Moderator
38,371 Posts
Does it really matter if they are frozen, as long as they aren't putrid? They sure don't wiggle much after I put them on a hook, weather they were alive or not when I hooked them I haven't noticed any difference in performance.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I put them in a very small tupperware container (about 1.5 " in diameter and 2 inches high) with an air tight lid, then I put that inside my coveralls so that my body heat keeps them warm.

I don't fish with dead ones. I often tip a small jig and plastic grub combination with them and the movement of their tail gets the fishies going. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.