Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My big problem on Sunday was that the wigglers in my container were freezing up. I've heard that a little cooking oil in the water will prevent it from freezing...same with a minnow bucket. Any ideas guys???

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
I've found that putting them in with the minnows took care of the "freezing" problem for me. I put them in a bigger (1 lb.) bulk "deli" tupperware style container. I put holes in that container to allow water to flow thru it. My minnow bucket is a larger styrofoam one.

·
Super Moderator
37,758 Posts
Does it really matter if they are frozen, as long as they aren't putrid? They sure don't wiggle much after I put them on a hook, weather they were alive or not when I hooked them I haven't noticed any difference in performance.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Esox
For perch it does make some differents.When you can put them on alive you would be surprized how active they are.For lazy fishermen like me thats one less pole I have to jig.:D

hoffie

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
I have a small plastic baby food jar. I Transfer them into it and keep them in my pocket.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I put them in a very small tupperware container (about 1.5 " in diameter and 2 inches high) with an air tight lid, then I put that inside my coveralls so that my body heat keeps them warm.

I don't fish with dead ones. I often tip a small jig and plastic grub combination with them and the movement of their tail gets the fishies going. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts