Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about buying one of the new keeper deluxe chairs but before I spend 60bucks on a chair I just needed a little feedback... any comments or concerns are welcomed!! Thank You!-Mike

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
I used one for 3 years, I happen to like it much better than a bucket, and it keeps things organized pretty well. Plenty of space for tackle and other needed items. I think the comfort will depend on the size of the person using it. I am 6 ft tall and 190 Lbs, and it works well for me.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
The part you sit on is nice, but the backrest goes straight up and down, and its akward. Try one out at Gander Mtn. You may like it.....

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I sat on one at a Gander Mountian store.......to me it just didnt feel right

Cool idea............but I just didnt think it was for me for that kind of money

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have two one for me and my son we use them in our Shappell 3000 we like ours keeps everything organized and makes it a cinch to load the truck.
We like ours.:fish: :fish:

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Those look pretty slick. I was thinking, a guy could get a spare battery, one of the small 12v jobs and shove it in there and use one of those new electric coffee cups that keep your coffee hot and not have to worry about draining the battery for his Vex.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Sure hope your knees are in better shape than mine! Being over 6' tall with arthritis, I can't carry that much stuff, and no matter what you buy, you still end up carrying something, lantern, auger, or minnowbucket. Heck, for $60.00 and a pair of cross country skis you could build a nice drag box. Designed my own to fit my needs of needing something tall to sit on other than a 5-6 gallon bucket. Of cource you don't have to use cabinet grade plywood, just some scrap I happen to have laying around in the shop. Mine ended-up being 15"Wx36"Lx20"H. And I can still snatch it up and throw it in the back of my truck.

Martin

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
I think mine is great. The storage is perfect for most of my gear. I dont tend to forget fishing gear like I used to. I highly reccomend buying one if you have the money and plan on doing alot of ice fishing. PLUS, it has a great beer can holder right on the side.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have a keeper Deluxe and have had it four about three years. I personally really like it. It is the perfect ice fishing locker for all your gear. My only complaint is that it can get a little heavy when loaded up with all your goodies. If I was making it....I would add a second strap so that it could be carried like a backpack instead of just slinging it over your shoulder.

Also the seat is not that comfortable....but I move a lot when I fish and never really noticed it to be that much of a problem.

Overall, I give it a thumbs up.

Major Hamhocks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts